The balance between Healthy Living and The Holidays is an easy task to manage if you follow these steps below:
- Eat four to six smaller meals rather than “saving” yourself for that special holiday meal
- Plan a workout before a holiday party or big meal In contrast to our “sports mentality” to pick up the pace, when eating, SLOW DOWN!
- Every dessert at a holiday meal, take a bite or two and receive 90% of the pleasure at 10% of the calories.
- Try recipe modification
- Beware of liquid calories, especially alcohol
- Don’t “hang out” at the appetizer table when socializing at a party
- Exercise in the Morning.
- Get active at least four times a week, and include protein with your breakfast – both will give your metabolism a boost that lasts all day.
- Find Balance.