Questions To Ask Before Choosing Your Professional Mover
Tips for Selecting a Professional Moving CompanyAt Florida Moving Systems, Inc, we know there are so many choices when it comes to contracting a moving company. It is ideal to start contacting moving companies for at least a month in advance. Whether you’ve asked your friends or checked the yellow pages, you’ll need to ask for more than just a quote to narrow the selection down to the right one to fit your unique needs. Here is a list of questions you should ask a prospective moving company before you make your choice. What is your first impression of the company? Was your initial contact professional? Did they return your call in a timely manner? Was your contact pleasant and interested in working with you? 1) Ask about the company’s profile.
- How long in business?
- How many employees?
- Affiliations with the local chamber of commerce of moving associations
- Rating with Better Business Bureau
- Ask if the company is licensed and insured and ask for proof
- Ask about the companies reputation and references – (you could also check the companies website for “testimonials”0
- How long has he or she been with working on estimating moves and how long with the particular company
- Ask how long the move with take
- Ask how movers will handle large or very valuable pieces
- Ask how long it will be before you receive your property if you are moving long distance
- Ask for written estimate and ask the salesperson to explain the pricing and any line items you don’t understand
- Ask if a deposit is required
- Ask what type of insurance the company offers
- Ask about the company’s policy on loss or damage of your valuable
- Ask about any variance in the estimate if the actual amount is over or under the amount you were quoted
- Ask how the movers will protect your walls, carpets and furniture as it is being moved in and out
- Ask if there is a minimum amount of hours for the move
- Ask if the company offers any discounts (such as military or student discounts)
Tags: brevard county, brevard mls, hiring a mover, how to pack, mover, moving company, moving news, moving tips, professional mover