What To Expect On Moving Day
Here’s a general idea of what to expect on the big move day:
- If packing was arranged through Florida Moving Systems, Inc., (A North American Van Lines Agent) a team of specially-trained packers will arrive on loading day or before your scheduled departure.
- Floor runners will be laid over carpets and flooring and padding placed around banisters and doorways to protect your home and contents.
- Accompanied by you, the driver will prepare a detailed inventory report of the items to be moved, noting any special concerns or handling considerations.
- You and the driver must sign the inventory to acknowledge the items loaded. You’ll receive a copy to use at your destination.
- All cartons and furniture to be moved are recorded, numbered, and color-coded.
- Furniture as well as items that can scratch or cause damage are wrapped with cloth padding or stretch wrap.
- The driver will ask you to sign a bill of lading (relocation contract) that confirms services performed, pickup and delivery schedules, and protection plan selected.
- After loading, a walk-through of your house with the driver is necessary to make sure nothing has been overlooked.
- You or a responsible person designated by you to act on your behalf must be present throughout the loading process.