- Orlando Theme Parks: It’s impossible to talk about family activities in Florida without mentioning Orlando. From DisneyWorld and SeaWorld to Universal Studios, you could easily spend several weeks (and several thousand dollars) enjoying all this city has to offer. However, Florida Residents get special rates and if you find the deal (like a 3 time pass for $129)…we recommend you take it!
- Kennedy Space Center: For that perfect combination of excitement and education, you can’t go wrong with a trip the Kennedy Space Center. Even if there isn’t a launch happening while you’re present, there are plenty of exhibits and displays to draw in tourists and give the whole family something to look forward to.
- Everglades National Park: Florida’s scenery is incredibly unique, and it’s worthwhile to visit some outdoor spaces that aren’t part of your neighborhood park. The Everglades National Park is a good place to start, and you can choose between activities like nature drives and hiking to more tended gardens. This park is huge, though (the third largest in the lower 48 states), so expect to choose a specific destination within its borders before you arrive.
- Daytona International Speedway: This famous NASCAR race track has been open since 1959, hosting the Daytona 500 and regular car and motorcycle racing events. Plan your visit to coincide with a big race or simply stop by to see the layout—if your family likes racing, this is a must-visit site.
- Fort Taylor: This Civil War fort is located on the southern tip of Florida and is well worth a visit. Not only are the views and nearby beaches enticing, but this fort played an important role in U.S. history and can serve as a great educational visit. (Visit during one of the regularly held Civil War reenactments for an even richer experience.)
Fortunately, there’s plenty to keep you active. Because of the great weather year-round, Florida is an ideal destination for activities like swimming, tennis, miniature golf, beach activities, and team sports. In fact, Florida is well-known among local families as one of the most competitive youth hockey markets, so there should be plenty to keep you occupied!
Happy Living in the Sunshine State!