- Taxes – No state income tax, no inheritance tax or estate tax. Why live in a state that is going to tax you when you don’t have to?
- Climate – In the summer months, the average high temperature is 81 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average annual low temperature remains a comfortable 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lower Cost of Living – If you live in a place like Florida, your overall cost of living can be lower and you could do other things with your money like travel, spend it on family, or give it to a charity that is important to you.
- Water…everywhere – You’ve got the Atlantic Ocean on one side, The Gulf of Mexico on the other, and loads of lakes and canals all around. Free entertainment.
- Recreation – Golf, water sports, fishing, boating, canals, over 1,300 golf courses, biking, walking, running, and the new craze, Pickleball. As we get older, staying active will keep us healthier and happier. Being shut in from November to April in the Northeast or Midwest can be really hard to deal with.
- Vacation Destination – Your friends and family (Grandkids) will want to visit you, especially in the winter if they live someplace in the north. Cold and snowy in Minneapolis? Hey, let’s visit Grandpa in Naples or Bonita Springs! Let’s face it, kids are kids and a dose of sun and sand with a visit to Grandma’s doesn’t stink.
- Tons of Active Adult Communities – For many of us, having a well-run community sounds great after years of managing our own homes. Also, AAC’s have all the amenities and services that you might want at this point in your life. And, of course, there is that built-in social component that you get in these communities.
- Easy Travel by Air – Whether it is travel to visit friends and family back home, or people coming to visit you, or you’re satisfying your global wanderlust, there are loads of airports, both domestic and international.
- Health Care Availability – One nice thing about moving and retiring to a state like Florida, where so many other retirees migrate, is that there are a tremendous amount of health care options and services specifically geared towards older people. With so many “customers”, many health care providers have set up shop in and around the state.
- The Arts – Big cities like Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Clearwater, and Tampa have theater, symphonies, museums, operas, and everything in between.
Archive for February, 2015
A generation ago, Florida and Arizona had been THE places to retire. Over the past 20 years, retirees started venturing to other states like North and South Carolina or out west to Oregon or Colorado. However, despite the many varied location options, Florida far and away is the most searched for state. While people retiring today may look beyond the Sunshine State, it’s still a huge draw for some very solid reasons.
Moving to Florida?
Moving away from Florida?Melbourne, FL Moving Agent, Florida Moving Systems, Inc. is proud to be one of the industry-leading cross country moving companies. We are committed to providing a successful move. If you have a relocation or storage need, we have a customized solution that meets your every need. Whether you are moving from La Jolla, California to Lower Manhattan, New York or from Ontario, Canada to Orlando, Florida, we have the vast service area to handle any relocation within North America, regardless of how simple or complex. We also have the resources and services you need to get settled after moving cross country.
Moving Long Distance?One of the best aspects of choosing Florida Moving Systems, Inc., a North American Van Lines Agent as your long distance moving company is the bottom line pricing. Unlike some other long distance moving companies, what we quote you in your moving estimate is your guaranteed price, and it will never be exceeded unless you decide to add or remove services. Your relocation specialist can assist you with developing your customized long distance moving plan, implementing the moving services you desire. Your move is completely personalized to match your individual needs and wishes as dictated by you. You can opt for as many or as few of the moving services as you desire. Put your move in our hands, and leave your next long distance relocation to us.
Long Distance Moving Services:Our moving services begin with the planning of your move and packing of your belongings. There are three options for packing:
- Full-service packing
- Fragile-only packing