Tips for Selecting a Professional Moving CompanyAt Florida Moving Systems, Inc, we know there are so many choices when it comes to contracting a moving company. It is ideal to start contacting moving companies at least a month in advance. Whether you’ve asked your friends or checked the yellow pages, you’ll need to ask for more than just a quote to narrow the selection down to the right one to fit your unique needs.
Here is a list of questions you should ask a prospective moving company before you make your choice.
What is your first impression of the company? Was your initial contact professional? Did they return your call in a timely manner? Was your contact pleasant and interested in working with you?
1) Ask about the company’s profile.
- How long in business?
- How many employees?
- Affiliations with the local chamber of commerce of moving associations
- Rating with Better Business Bureau
- Ask if the company is licensed and insured and ask for proof
- Ask about the companies reputation and references – (you could also check the companies website for “testimonials”0
3) Ask the salesperson to visit all of the rooms to be moved and be clear about everything that will be moved on the day.
4) Ask your salesperson the following questions:
- How long has he or she been with working on estimating moves and how long with the particular company
- Ask how long the move with take
- Ask how movers will handle large or very valuable pieces
- Ask how long it will be before you receive your property if you are moving long distance
- Ask for written estimate and ask the salesperson to explain the pricing and any line items you don’t understand
- Ask if a deposit is required
- Ask what type of insurance the company offers
- Ask about the company’s policy on loss or damage of your valuable
- Ask about any variance in the estimate if the actual amount is over or under the amount you were quoted
- Ask how the movers will protect your walls, carpets and furniture as it is being moved in and out
- Ask if there is a minimum amount of hours for the move
- Ask if the company offers any discounts (such as military or student discounts)
If at all possible, make sure you are present to supervise the move.
Finally, when making your final decision, go with your gut. If you felt rushed or if questions were not answered to your satisfaction, it may not be the right choice.