Maybe you just moved into the area or maybe you’ve lived here your whole life; regardless, there are probably dozens of treasures on the Florida map that you’ve never been to, or never even heard of! At Florida Moving Systems, we know our way around the state, and we want to share our experiences with you! From the most northwest corner of the Florida panhandle, down to the southeast shores, the state you call home has plenty of small-towns you need to see!
- Sanibel Island boasts some of the most natural beauty of the state, thanks to the careful measures taken by the city to keep it preserved. You may even feel as if you traveled back in time in this town that bans fast-food restaurants, and is devoid of stoplights.
- Tarpon Springs is known for three things: unbelievably fresh seafood, sponges, and Greek culture. During the 1880s, the Greeks immigrated there and were hired to harvest sponges. To this day, the city hasn’t lost the impact of either one!
- Santa Rosa Beach is composed of all white sugar sand. Don’t you just want to sink your toes in?
- Delray Beach was, in fact, named the Most Fun Small Town in America five years ago by USA Today. But don’t be fooled by its modest size – it is difficult to get bored amidst the gallery art walk and sunken steamship you can snorkel through!
- Destin is the place to head for gorgeous beaches without the crowds. Fun fact: they offer professional sand sculpting classes!
- Mount Dora has a bit more of a southern-charm than a beach-town feel. The historic downtown area is chock full of community events such as the annual art festival, and has a handful of local coffee shops and adorable boutiques you’ll want to wander through.
- Augustine is surprising to see on a list of small towns because of its historical significance and tourism. However, despite holding the title of America’s oldest city, it somehow has retained its laid-back atmosphere.
- Fort Meyers is another city that possesses a quaint historic district, after the hustle and bustle of the downtown areas. Be sure to check out Thomas Edison’s and Henry Ford’s winter homes!
- Apalachicola is a hidden gem along the coast, containing a breathtaking lighthouse and some pre-Civil War era architecture.
Have we sold you on our beautiful corner of the globe? Check out all of the services we offer to make your transition south as smooth as possible! Whether you’re in need of a residential mover, a storage facility or transportation services, we have you covered.